- Tour Plan
- Additional Info
- Similar Tours
- Activities Listed in the Program
- Entrance Ticket to Machupicchu Ruins
- Free Storage Room in Cusco
- Professionally Local Guide
- Round Bus Ticket from Aguas Calientes to Machupicchu
- Snacks (fresh fruits, cookies, chocolate)
- Touristic Transportation
- Transfer to the Train Station (Ollantaytambo)
- Unlimited Purified Water
- Vistadome Train (round ticket)
- Accommodation on double bed room
- Alcoholic Drinks
- Box lunch
- Services not specifically stated in the itinerary
Machu Picchu by Vistadome Train, Full Day
Our One day tour to Machu Picchu from Cusco by Vistadome Train is designed in the most comfortable way to visit the Machupicchu ruins in all their glory. The journey by private transport from to Ollantaytambo Station and the Vistadome Train (round ticket). Tours include a local expert guide while exploring the ruins. Visit one of the 7 wonders of the world! This place should certainly be on your bucket list.
Above all travellers can experience this magical place without worry. All tickets and admission fees are included in the price of this trip. Don’t worry if you are planning to visit Machu Picchu during the high season. We are ready to arrange and assist you in any way we can during this Machu Picchu full-day tour by train package!
Machu Picchu Unique Experience in One Day!
Get your unique experience in just one full day from Cusco. Travelling through high mountain valleys carved from powerful rushing rivers. A trip into high Andean grasslands and, most of all, a trip through history. Furthermore, it is, by all accounts, a region of culture. You will encounter colourful markets and remarkable people dressed in distinctive but regionally varied traditional clothing. Women carry babies, wrapped in bright blankets, on their backs. Men with broad sandal-clad feet bent under heavy loads, move with a quick shuffling gait. All amidst the majestic ruins, ancient terraces, rimmed valleys, and beside puna lakes shimmering beneath blue skies.
The combination of scenery and history is incomparable on this trip. The ruins as always, remain impressionable, mysterious, and evocative. The more so perhaps, which makes it a much more humbling and astonishing experience. Because so little is actually known of their origins, especially their breathtaking and towering location.
The ruins of Machu Picchu are indeed one of the world’s great travel destinations. But they are, in themselves, just a brief chapter in a long, and fascinating history of human occupation and livelihood in the Urubamba river valley.
This is a tour not to be missed!
One day tour to Machu Picchu from Cusco
- 5:30 AM Pick up from the hotel in Cusco and transfer to the train station in ollantaytambo (car trip of 1 hour and 30 minutes)
- Train boarding to the city of Aguas Calientes (2-hour train ride).
AM Boarding bus from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu (30 minutes by bus).
- Once we arrive at Machu Picchu, we have a guided tour of 2 hours to visit the most important places in Machu Picchu.
- After the tour you will have free time to visit Machu Picchu on your own. Optionally you can walk through the door of the sun or the Inka bridge.
- At the appropriate time, we will take the bus back to Aguas Calientes.
- Lunch in Aguas Calientes (not included)
- We board the train to return to Ollantaytambo and then take the transport to Cusco.
- The arrival time in Cusco will be approximately at 8:00 PM.
- Transfer to the hotel.
To climb Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu mountain, there is a limit of spaces per day. As a result, we recommend you request your ticket in advance.
Once the tickets for the mountains are sold out, there is no option to purchase a new ticket.
The cost to climb Huayna Picchu is $ 25.00 USD per person. Which is additional to the total cost of the tour package.
- Train booking is subject to availability of spaces.
- Prices do not include IGV for Peruvian passengers.
- For more inquiries write us to the mail:email@example.com/Discounts
- Peruvian tourists with valid IDs, Tourists with Andean Community passport (Colombia, Ecuador, and Bolivia), will get a discount.
- Foreign tourists with a student card and current date, get a discount.
- We also offer special discounts for groups of more than “5 people” For more information write to the email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Huayna Picchu and Machu Picchu mountain
- To climb Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu mountain, there is a limit of spaces per day. As a result, we recommend to request the ticket in advance.
- Once tickets are sold out, there is no option to purchase a new ticket.
- The cost to climb Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu mountain is $ 25.00 USD per person. Which is additional to the total cost of the tour package.
- People interested in hiking the Inca Trail and wanting to climb the Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu mountain, have to make an extra payment of $ 75.00 USD.
- <b>IMPORTANT<b>: Before request, the ticket to Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu mountain. Check availability at the official site click here
Book with us now. On a tour that can assist you in planning and hiking one of the most spectacular places Peru has to offer. One of the 7 wonders of the world. By booking with us, we can certainly help in making it the most comfortable and memorable experience without you needing to lift a finger.
For further information do not hesitate to contact us by email on: email@example.com.
Check out our Tour Plan for a more in-depth itinerary.
- Day 1
Cusco - Ollantaytambo - Machupicchu
- Breakdown of Full Day;
- Start Time: 5.30am.
- Duration: 1hr 30mins by Car. / 2hr Vistadome Train Journey. / 30 mins by bus.
- Machu Picchu Tour begins, plus free time.
- Return Journey.
- Arriving 8pm in Cusco.
We will pick you up from your hotel located in Cusco at 5:30 AM we will take you to the train station located in the town of Ollantaytambo (1 hour 30 minutes away by car) where we board our train and then make the trip with destiny the town of "Aguas Calientes" (2000 m), which has a duration of 2 hours.
Arriving at the train station, our guide will be waiting with a sign with your names, you will go to the bus station with him. To ascend 400m in height by bus, a zigzag path for 30 minutes to reach the incredible wonder of the world of "Machu Picchu Sanctuary", known as "The Lost City of the Incas".
When you reach the citadel of Machu Picchu we pass the control where you deliver your ticket income, from this place the guided tour will start, visit the main venues of the city such as the Main Plaza, the Circular Tower, the Sacred Solar Clock, the Royal Quarters, the Temple of the Three Windows and cemeteries, the tour will be for more than two hours.
At the end of the tour, you will be given free time to stroll around the citadel and visit Machu Picchu on your own, optional you can hike to the sun gate or inka bridge, then we return to Aguas Calientes and take their food in one of the many restaurants (the lunch is not included).
In the afternoon we will take the train back to Cusco (you have to be at the station 30 minutes before the departure time of the train), the return will follow the same route as the outward journey, upon arrival at the train station in Ollantaytambo, we will be waiting to take you to your hotel in Cusco (1-hour trip by car and 30 minutes).
The arriving time to Cusco will be at 8:00 PM approximately.
More about Machupicchu
More about this tour
Recommendations to bring
- Bring original passport and card of migration (TAM).
- Wear sneakers or light tennis shoes.
- Canteen water Bottle
- Drink plenty of fluids during your excursions.
- Bring a raincoat (long poncho) during the rainy season.
- Wear long-sleeved shirts
- Wear long pants.
- Bring insect repellent
- Bring sunscreen and brimmed hat for sunny days.
- Bring binoculars.
- Bring sunglasses, plastic bags.
- Bring medicine and / or personal items (liquid for contact lenses).
- Bring a backpack or lightweight suitcase.
- Bring a camera or camcorder.
- Have on hand checks in small denominations and coins in soles or dollars.
INLUDED IN THE FULL DAY TOUR
• Pick-up from the hotel in Cusco.
• Transportation from Cusco to Ollantaytambo (train station) and Cusco.
• Train tickets from Ollantaytambo to "Aguas Calientes" and Ollantaytambo.
• Bus up and down to Machu Picchu.
• Entrance tickets to Machu Picchu.
• Professional English Speaking Tour Guide.
• Transfer to the hotel in Cusco
EXCLUDED FOR THE TOUR
• Lunch and Water
• Credit card payment fees.
*Train booking is subject to availability of spaces.